- Brings over 10 years experience as a key member of the leadership team who built and scaled Amazon Web Services (AWS), the market-leading on-demand cloud computing platform
- Joins Jonathan Ross, Andy Rappaport, Jay Zaveri, and Ford Tamer on Groq’s Board of Directors to further grow Groq and hire more top talent
- Commits to advancing the full promise of AI through Groq technology solutions
Groq Inc. today announced the appointment of Raju Gulabani to its Board of Directors, a continuation of their commitment to building a championship team and fueling the rapid advance of Groq’s innovative compute technologies.
With increasing Groq customer requests regarding cloud opportunities, Gulabani’s expertise and guidance is now accessible to the Groq team and will be invaluable as Groq evolves its products and services.
Speaking to his decision to join Groq, Gulabani said, “I believe the new AI chip Groq has brought to market, and the new version the team is developing will be key to achieving the promise of AI. GroqChip, differentiated with its deterministic execution, low latency, and low power profile, is a result of Jonathan Ross, CEO of Groq, assembling a world class team of amazing innovators and leaders.”
Jonathan Ross, CEO and founder of Groq, said, “Raju brings a rare track record of taking cloud businesses from zero to billions of dollars. He shares our belief that remarkable people are key to creating new technologies and durable companies – his guidance will continue to accelerate Groq’s success.”
Gulabani joins a Board of leaders with complementary skills, including:
- Jonathan Ross, founder and CEO of Groq and original designer of the Google TPU
- Andy Rappaport, an investor with deep experience building innovative chip companies
- Jay Zaveri, Social Capital partner and founder of Dropbox-acquired CloudOn
- Ford Tamer, previous President and CEO of Inphi until its recent $10B+ merger with Marvell
Prior to joining the Groq’s Board, Raju was Vice President of the AWS Database and Analytics business at Amazon. At AWS, Raju took the database and analytics business from a tiny startup to the biggest player in the cloud database space and delivered services like Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, and OpenSearch, used by over 1.5M active customers. Before Amazon, Raju was Director of Product Management at Google and started Google Workspace, used by millions today. Earlier in his career, Raju was at Microsoft where he partnered with Intel to deliver fixed function server appliances. Raju holds an Executive MBA, MS in Computer Science, and BS in Electrical Engineering.